Stephen Blais is pleased to present the concept plans for the long overdue Vista Park.
Located in the heart of the growing Avalon community, this $1.9M park is being constructed years ahead of schedule.
“The residents of Avalon have been waiting years to see some progress made on Vista Park,” says Blais. “After years of inaction we have now started the process to get this park built.”
Though originally slated for design and public consultation in 2006, budget constraints held up any progress on Vista Park until 2013.
“Since taking office I have been working closely with Minto Homes,” says Blais. “They agreed that the park for this community was long overdue and have generously agreed to front end the almost $2 million necessary to make Vista Park a reality.”
The City is looking for residents feedback on the concept plan which includes:
- Multi use field for full-sized soccer and high school football
- Mini soccer field
- Winter permanent boarded, lit and asphalted ice rink
- Multi-use court for basketball in the summer and puddle rink in the winter
- Jr. Play Area
- Sr. Play Area
- Multiple play structures for all ages
- Splash pad
- Multi-use pathways for jogging and rollerblading
- Strolling pathways
- Extensive tree planting
- Naturalized Planting areas
- Skateboard area
- Benches and Picnic tables