Stephen has written to the Auditor General to request that he investigate the addition of land to Ottawa’s urban boundary by the Provincial Government for similar insider connections as those exposed in the Greenbelt scandal.
Stephen asks the Auditor General to investigate the following questions.
- What was the rationale and criteria used by the Minister to select the additional lands to Ottawa’s urban expansion?
- What internal process was used in the Ministry and the Minister’s Office to provide advice on this decision.
- How did the Minister assess the impacts of his decision on the environment, economy, and governance of the City of Ottawa and the province?
- How did the Minister consult or communicate with the City of Ottawa, other municipalities, Indigenous communities, stakeholders, and the public before and after his decision?
- What impact, if any, did political association and lobbying efforts, have on the Minister’s decision.
- Did the buyers of 1177 Watters Road or the other lands added to the boundary receive inside knowledge to purchase the land zoned for agriculture prior to the Minister changing Ottawa’s Urban Boundary?