Cumberland Councillor Stephen Blais, a member of the City of Ottawa’s Transit Commission, is pleased to announced that beginning April 22 OC Transpo will be once again improving service for Orléans and Cumberland residents.
“Our dedication to public transit in Orléans is unparalleled,” says Blais. “Orléans residents deserve the best OC Transpo service to match our demonstrated commitment to public transit.”
Beginning April 22, OC Transpo will make a number of improvements to enhance both the customer experience and the reliability of OC Transpo service for Orléans and Cumberland residents.
The improvements include:
- The time of the first trip on Route 27 in the morning will be adjusted to depart 2 minutes earlier to ensure arrival/transfer connection at Hurdman for 06:19. The new departure time will be 05:49.
- Capacity will be increased in the afternoon on the Route 20 trip that departs from LeBreton at 15:57 by reallocating an articulated bus from a less-busy trip.
- Capacity will be increased on Route 30 by assigning articulated buses to the trips that depart from Millennium in the morning at 06:29 and 07:44 and in the afternoon to the trips that depart from LeBreton at 15:36 and 16:28.
- Capacity will be increased on Route 94 by assigning articulated buses to the trips that depart from Millennium in the morning at 06:18 and 06:42 and in the afternoon to the trip that departs from Tunney’s Pasture at 16:12.
- A new westbound trip on Route 94 will be added operating between Millennium Station and Tunney’s Pasture in the late evening departing at 24:01.
- The Route 94 headway will be smoothened out at the times where the new trips were added in January 2012.
- Improved reliability with the addition of running time being added to Routes 231 and 232.
- One morning trip added on route 130 from Millennium Park & Ride to Gloucester H/S and Colonel By H/S and one afternoon trip added from Colonel By H/S and Gloucester H/S to Millennium Park & Ride.
- Capacity will be increased on Route 135 by assigning articulated buses to several school trips.